- 2017/2018 LCSMC Events/ Ideas for new events
- School Service Projects Ideas
- Upcoming Membership Dues/ Membership Drive for 2017/2018 school year
- Possible new meeting locations
I hope everyone is having a great start to summer. We will be having our June
meeting this Tuesday, 6/13/17, 6:30 pm at Speckled T's. This meeting will serve as
the inaugural meeting for our newly elected board:
Sergeant At Arms
At this meeting some of the items we will be discussing include:
Call me with any questions, hope to see you on Tuesday.
2) The blood drive will be Wednesday May 3rd starting at 3:00 pm in the gym
3) We will be helping with set up and break down for the Juvenile Diabetes walk on Friday May 5th, please at the school by 2:00 pm to help with set up.
4) The necklaces from our Father/Daughter dance should be in Friday but wont be able to go out until the Monday the kids return to school.
5) We had nominations for our board members they are as follows but please note the SGT @ Arms position is still taking nominations for 2 weeks per the only nominees request:
SGT@ Arms Brian Guillot (taking nominees until Wed May 26th
Treasurer Robert Shaffer aka NASA (he is elected into this position)
VP Kevin Rainey, due to by laws we only had 4 people eligible to run and the other 3 were not interested so I have agreed to return as VP and we will not have a Past President next year.
Please let me know if you are interested in running for our SGT @ Arms position.As always please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.
We will have our next meeting on Tuesday April 11th starting at 6:30 pm at Speckle T's. We will discuss the upcoming blood drive, our help with the Juvenile Diabetes walk, possible movie night a the school and also be taking nominations for our open Treasure, Sgt. at Arms, and VP position. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have about any of our open seats or anything else you may want to discuss.
I wanted to give you all who were unable to attend last nights meeting a quick wrap up of the discussions:
1) We set another record for the Father/Daughter dance, we had 152 families and a 183 daughters. That is a participation rate of 78% and we came in under budget. Thank you Vincent for donating your lift for us to use!
2) We secured volunteers to work the concessions booth for the upcoming plays, we could use 1 more person for each of the 3 plays. The play dates and times are Friday March 31st at 7:00pm, Saturday April 1st at 1:00pm, and Saturday April 1st at 7:00pm.
3) Gerald will be contacting the Blood Center to get the ball rolling on our blood drive, more details to come. We normally do our blood drive the 1st week of May.
4) We discussed the possibility of having a family movie night.
5) We discussed inviting families to our 1st meeting next year and perhaps serving some red beans and rice or gumbo as a way to drive membership and also participation.
6) The feedback from the dance and the pictures was very positive and the pictures from the picture booth are all uploaded to our website. (check the Dance 2017 tab)
Please let me know if you would like to work 1 or all of the plays or if you have any questions, concerns, or any ideas for the Men's Club. Thank you all for everything you do to make the Men's Club successful and all you do for our great school.
I hope this finds all of you well and safe after the Mardi Gras holiday, please note that we will have March meeting Tuesday March 14th starting at 6:30 pm at Speckle T's. I hope all of you are able to make it to the meeting. We plan on reviewing some final numbers from the Father/Daughter dance (we had a new record number of attendees) and also discuss our participation in the play this year. We will also discuss upcoming elections for the board, please begin thinking about the possibility of being on the board, we will be electing a Vice President, a Treasurer, and a Sargent at Arms. Billy Lingo (our current VP) will be transitioning to President and I will be moving into the role of Past President. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions you may have about the soon to be open positions. Please note that the elections will not be until May so we are just looking to open the conversations for anyone who is interested. I hope to see you all March 14th and as always please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or concerns you might have.